Soldier

Re: Fuel Pump Ring Recall

Post by Soldier » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am

You haven't done the airbag one yet?

zeking
Validated Member

Post by zeking » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Soldier wrote:You haven't done the airbag one yet?
Nope, only got the letter notifying me of the recall and to wait to be contacted. Hadn't heard from them since.
Brilliant Black 07MT | Wakefield: 1:18.03

Soldier

Post by Soldier » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I queried my local dealer and asked them, they said you will be contacted. Which never happened.

But when I booked in for service, they completed the recall then.
When I asked them why the decided to do the recall, they said that 2 days before a vehicle comes in they check for outstanding recalls and proceed with fixing it. (if they have the parts maybe?)

Recently I asked the same dealer about this new fuel recall, they didn't know about it, nor was it "ready in the system". They said when it becomes "ready" then the "2 days before coming into the workshop" story was repeated.

I'm concerned with the fuel recall and hoping that it might even provide better fuel economy. Perhaps the systems suffers from evaporation

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Queried my local Mazda dealer about the above recall & they knew nothing of it. In fairness to them they asked Mazda who told them it's on the "to do list" but hasn't been officially issued yet because they are snowed under with air bag recalls.
They will contact me apparently. Lets wait & see
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

BobsRX8GT
Validated Member

Post by BobsRX8GT » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Because fuel vapours and leaking in the cabin isnt dangerous at all. Seems these major safety recalls of late have been handled with malice and malcontent. Been quite underwhelmed by Mazda's attitude towards their customers since ownimg my 8.

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

Fellow Rotor fans gather now for our daily prayer.....

As I lay rubber down the street,
I pray for traction I can keep,
But if I spin and start to slide,
Please dear god protect my sweet ride.

Amen