will pay for help with coils installation

Discuss any information on turbo charging or super charging the RX8.

Moderator: zoom

ImUndercovershh

will pay for help with coils installation

Post by ImUndercovershh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone's near Crows Nest area and could help with coils installation. I have no tools and it's stuck on a slightly slopped street. Of course I'll pay for your time. I hear with the right tools it takes about 1hr to change the coils by removing the front left wheel(?).

I'm hoping once the coils are changed I can drive it to Ric Shaw. I had already ordered the coils, plugs & wires before calling him and being low on cash now, couldn't afford to pay for his parts & time and an extra set that I had paid for too.

Funny enough due to lack of funds and space to work on it myself, I had put a for sale sign on it last Thursday, obviously he (Gonzales) took an offence to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please PM me for my number.
Many thanks,
Alex

p.s. the full run down my RX8 sob story:
My RX8 started to sputter and loose power Saturday morning when I had driven only about 100meters away from home. I just managed to nurse it back near home in to an unrestricted parking zone.
The oil & filter service was done about 4weeks ago, done probably about 400km since. The plugs were changed 3 years ago and it's done about 12k since. But coils weren't changed.
I understand if I'm lucky it could just be the coils failing.
I checked water and oil levels this morning and all were near full. Car turned on but after about 3-4seconds of cranking. It feels and sounds like it's hardly generating any power and wouldn't pull up a slightly slopped street. The car's been on for only about 5-10mins in total since the problem started.

After reading many posts on this last night, I decided to change the coils. I've already ordered them with express post from US. Hoping it'll get here by end of the week.
Recently (past month or two) I had noticed that the torque was low in 1st gear and also occaionally in 1st gear it felt like the power would drop off once above 6-7000rpm, when before it used to pull all the way to the redline.

DisasterRX8

Re: will pay for help with coils installation

Post by DisasterRX8 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 pm

HI mate,
My car's broken down in the garage at the moment, I'm waiting for parts from overseas -

FYI I called "lube mobile". they have a special on at the moment, they quoted me $108 to come to my house and fir coils plugs and leads all in one sitting.

I'll let you know how it goes - however that's on 10th April so it might be later than you like. Why not give them a call? (then let ME know how it goes lol.

I'm in North Ryde, not far from you eh -

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Thu May 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Ummm, i think he has fixed his issue, it was nearly 12 months ago!

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

mazmorbid

Post by mazmorbid » Fri May 03, 2013 1:13 am

zoom wrote:Ummm, i think he has fixed his issue, it was nearly 12 months ago!
12 months ago ? Post date is Mar 25, 2013 ? Or is that wrong ?

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Fri May 03, 2013 7:03 am

OMG. I am just going to crawl under a rock. 2 #$%^ ups in one night!

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

DisasterRX8

Post by DisasterRX8 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:23 pm

lol

I just naturally assumed I had %%%%up - It's normally me, so I just took it. ha.

tim33h
Validated Member

Post by tim33h » Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 pm

LOL!
Good on ya zoom, you could have just assasinated this thread and no-one would be none the wiser :shock:

but u didnt :thumbleft: