Kustoms slow 1jz RX8 build

General Chit-Chat anything goes.

Moderator: zoom

Kustom
Validated Member

Kustoms slow 1jz RX8 build

Post by Kustom » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:57 pm

How are we all? Haven't been on here for a while but actually looking at getting back into an RX8 !

Since I sold mine to get into drifting I've had a few cars, RX7 FC & then a S14 as well as been through a few dailies, my s14 I built probably the most. I swapped a 1jz into it, e85, haltech, t67, the lot. But after owning it for 2 years and done a fair bit of drifting, turns out I don't enjoy it as much as my friends or as much as I thought. It's good fun but maybe just a bit much for me. So actually looking at getting back into a RX8, s1 for me.

I want to build a nice looking reliable daily with a bit of grunt, and definitely AC. So I can sell my S14 to build it and then when it's done sell my BMW.

So I was thinking about buying a rolling shell or an RX8 with blown renesis, simplifying everything I can, putting an SR or 1J in (As I have one and everything to work already, but more space in engine bay and probably more work in the end run.) with basic bolt ons, freshen everything up and put on a Mazdaspeed body kit much like my previous 8, and some wheels and just daily it.

Once I sell my s14 and acquire a shell I'll put up a build thread somewhere, although I'm terrible at keeping them updated.

Anyway, hope to talk to you guys all again soon. (Hope my engine conversion doesn't upset too many of you).

I'll put some pics of s14/old RX8 up :)

https://instagram.com/p/BE7w_jyOXKm/

Cheers,
Stef
Attachments
IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
Last edited by Kustom on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobsRX8GT
Validated Member

Re: Hello friends

Post by BobsRX8GT » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Welcome back

Detailing is an art, a gift and a curse. Use it wisely
Fellow Rotor fans gather now for our daily prayer.....

As I lay rubber down the street,
I pray for traction I can keep,
But if I spin and start to slide,
Please dear god protect my sweet ride.

Amen

Lunchietey

Post by Lunchietey » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:06 am

Will be interested in how you get around all of the engine swap issues with the Canbus systems and get it engineered.

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Welcome back
skc
Hymee Supercharged (200kw at the wheels)
Lakeside 1:02.02
Wakefield 1:12.04(NA) 1:11.36(FI)

Kev13B
Validated Member

Post by Kev13B » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Welcome back :thumbright:
Wakefield: 1:18.244 - Winton: 1:44.129
RX-8 Club Stickers

Kustom
Validated Member

Post by Kustom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Lunchietey wrote:Will be interested in how you get around all of the engine swap issues with the Canbus systems and get it engineered.

Engineered? Pfft na just need mod plates in QLD and they're easy to get.

Been doing some research last few days about the canbus systems and steering Rack issues and there's definitely not a lot of information on it so will be definitely harder then expected.

Hopefully will be able to nut something up to work.

If anyone does have any helpful info that you think may help feel free to shoot away, I'll be tackling one problem at a time as it comes up.

Still gotta sell the s14, and move into my new house (late feb) before I get started so still a while off but keen to learn all about it before starting.

Stef

Kustom
Validated Member

Post by Kustom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Progress is slow, but this is still happening, as i did mention i'm terrible at keeping build threads up too date.

Motor & Gearbox are mounted, rad/cooler/ac cond mounted, cooler piping piped up. That's about we're im up too, still a long way to go but I'm hoping to have it all tuned and driving by feb. But i'm in no real rush so will take the time if i have too.

Excuse my terrible phone photo's. I've lost most of my images getting up to this stage when my phone decided to kill itself unfortunately. :oops:

Cheers,

Stef.

EDIT: Just saw the timestamp on my previous post haha, It hasn't taken me 10months to get here haha, Only really started after July, Still slow progress haha! I'll get there in the end.

tim33h
Validated Member

Post by tim33h » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Looks epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kustom
Validated Member

Re: Kustoms slow 1jz RX8 build

Post by Kustom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 am

Cheers Tim,

Tried searching the forums but everything's a little out dated these days (crazy how quiet it is in here!!). I'm trying to look for a genuine unpainted mazdaspeed bar, (new preferred but will buy second hand if not too bashed up).

Has anyone found the best place to buy one? I know Mazfix sells them and found a few in US (although some don't ship here). Just wondering if anyone else has found anywhere else?

Was going to hit up Mazda but I'm gonna assume they won't be able to get them in for me,

P/N: QSEA50020X1

Greatly appreciate any help anyone can swing my way. Thanks xox

Kustom
Validated Member

Re: Kustoms slow 1jz RX8 build

Post by Kustom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Slow update once again, but things are slowly getting done...

Been doing stuff around the house inbetween but hey, its not a race i suppose.

I'll drop a few photos of progress.. soz for photo quality or sizing haha,
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg