Selling RX8, right price?

General Chit-Chat anything goes.

Moderator: zoom

stevo396
Validated Member

Selling RX8, right price?

Post by stevo396 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

I thought i'd ask the opinion of other rx8 owners how much they think i should sell my car for. Thing is i knew it would be kind of hard to sell. It's a base model (there aren't many s2 base models), it's in great condition, 2008 model, has 40'000km on the clock, the GT bodykit, TSW 19" wheels and is in great condition.

Anyway, compared to other s2's for sale with similar k's, but are either GT's or Luxury models im typically $4000 less than them.

I'm in between a low km example S1 (avg $16k-18k+) and a S2 GT of say $25k+. I've had only a few people enquire, and the last guy said i was misreading the market! (referencing an s2 selling for $17k, buy his one then!) :cry:

Am i asking too much?

tim33h
Validated Member

Re: Selling RX8, right price?

Post by tim33h » Sat May 09, 2015 12:01 pm

If you have only had a few enquiries then yes... You have priced it too high.
Our cars are hard to sell unless u are giving them away unfortunately...

stevo396
Validated Member

Re: Selling RX8, right price?

Post by stevo396 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi Tim, thanks for your comment i appreciate it.

I know we are biased because we love our cars, but really is there a better sports car out there for this kind of money? A mk 6 golf gti? Yeh maybe thats an option.

Anyway, the fact that i've had next to none enquiries about the car suggests that there just aren't people in the market for the car or that they just don't want the car. If it were too high a price but there were interested people i would think i would still have people calling up trying to haggle and ask questions. But im not getting any of it, no emails or anything.

My 205gti was easier to sell! :cry: