MPS Garage

General Chit-Chat anything goes.

Moderator: zoom

killerbee
Validated Member

MPS Garage

Post by killerbee » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi all, MPS Garage must think we are all a bunch of DH's. This is my correspondence so far on getting my AEM air intake from them. They took my money from my account on the 4/12.

Daniel Tosolini
Dec 5
to me
Hi Steven,
I'm awaiting my shipping guys. The prefilter will be an extra 2 days so I'm going to send them together.
Cheers

Dec 27
Hello,
I tried calling you today but got a recorded message saying your not open until the 14th, very very disappointed, because I have had a AEM cold air intake system for an rx8 on order since the 4/12. I wish you to refund me my money as I will order one from the states as I will have it in 5 days. You could have informed me of the expected delay and I would have been ok with it, when you fail to communicate with your customers you can only expect them to be disgruntled.
Please have my money refunded to me by the 31st December 2013.
Thanks
Steven Crowe

Daniel Tosolini
Dec 27 (2 days ago)

to me
Steven
I'm not sure about that message but your goods are in transit and I should have them in a few days. Ill let you know when they land and ill get them out to you.
There was a delay because the pre filter was not in stock and had to be ordered in.
Be on touch shortly

Just sent this email Dec 29
Steven Crowe <stevencrowe72@gmail.com>
10:23 PM (1 minute ago)
to Daniel
Daniel,
I received this email from Aaron 12 Days ago, it must be a long route its taking, I'd say from Russia to China then back to Russia and up to the moon and then to the North Pole then Santa can delivery it for next Christmas!

Email from Dec 17
Hello Steve,

The item you have order is on route to us now, I checked tracking on them yesterday & it’s in Sydney. So I would hope to see the order in the next day or two. Once as the shipment arrives We can have them dispatched.

Best Regards,
Aaron Christoforidis
MPS Garage

Phone:
(02) 9832 4880
Workshop:
Unit 7
78 Owen St
Glendenning NSW 2759
Web
http://www.mpsgarage.com.au
BHR Coils
Lots of Plasti Dip

shr3da
Validated Member

Re: MPS Garage

Post by shr3da » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 pm

I know the feeling when you get the run around from a supplier, the feeling when you know your being lied to just so they don't have to answer your questions is not fun.

That's why I use paypall.
RX-8 Monthly Meets, Melbourne

Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/rx8club.com.au

03 Sunlight Silver 6MT

JinkoMK
Validated Member

Post by JinkoMK » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, I have been trying to contact them through phone long before I actually bought the AEM through Amazon. They never pick up. Emails can take days for a reply and when I finally wanted to purchase an intake off them, they told me to come up to the store as they would rather deal with cash. I took the 40 minute drive to them and guess what? They were shut. I was there well before their supposed closing time.

Here's what I sent them on their Facebook page.

Strangely enough (or perhaps not), I can no longer find their Facebook page.

jd16

Post by jd16 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:43 pm

I really hope you get the intake soon Steven, or your money back. Otherwise threaten them with a phone call to your local ACCC agent for failing to deliver goods within the time frame promised (if they promised you one) or within a reasonable time (aside for reasonable delays). Seems like it isn't reasonable in this case and coupled with the run around you've been given, they should give you the money back!

Driffill
Validated Member

Post by Driffill » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 pm

While I can't comment directly on the issue, I can offer up some info :)

A lot of eBay sellers are listing a product that is available to them, not necessarily products that they have in stock. For example, a few years ago I was looking for some camber adjustment mounts for my falcon, I found a shop online (in Melbourne) that had a listing for the items I wanted, when I contacted them to ask if I could pick them up that day, they mentioned they would need a day or two to order them in as they weren't in stock.

The item I was after was a "Nolathane" product and I knew that Repco was a authorised reseller for nolathane, so I put a quick phone call into the Repco store local to the EBay seller and asked if they had the item, and surprise surprise they did! Once I asked the price and they quoted the retail $$ to me, I made mention that an eBay seller has them listed cheaper! And I took a punt that it would be the same item from the same place . . .

The Repco guy chuckled and named the eBay seller, and said I could get them for the price the eBay seller was buying them for! And I also managed to get my sister to stop past within the next hour to pick them up :)

I'm guessing MPSgarage buy in the intake once an order is placed for one?

FYI, I put an order into RX8Performance, going on almost 1 year now and I'm still yet to receive all the items!
2004 Black RX8, 6 speed with Red/Black leather interior . . .not as stock as i used to be!
Optima-BHR-Walbro-TEIN+EDFC-Whiteline-RacingBeat-REVi-Speedy-RX8P Twin Oil Coolers-RX8P Sump-EBC RedStuff-RDA-GROM-Navhood+CarPC

My Best Lap of Wakefield 1:18:6130
Riding Shotgun in the RX8-SP

shr3da
Validated Member

Post by shr3da » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Many vendors order the your item after you have payed for it and don't keep anything in stock

03 Sunlight Silver 6MT

jd16

Post by jd16 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes, and that is fine for them to do that provided that are up front and clear about this (re terms and conditions of sale). MPS Garage's ToC stinks, based on a quick read. Three things caught my attention that may apply in your situation Steve:

Clause 2.3 None of the Seller's agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Seller in writing nor is the Seller bound by any such unauthorised statements.

Clause 8.1. The Buyer hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel the contract or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any misrepresentation made to him by any servant or agent of the Seller and the Buyer acknowledges that he buys the Goods relying solely upon his own skill and judgement.

Could be read in to negate the 'lies' given to you about the timing of it all but mainly Clause 5.8:

5.8. The failure of the Seller to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.

A reading of deliver refers to delivering your goods (within the time frame promised or if none, within a reasonable time as must be interpreted in accordance with Australian Consumer Law).

Sadly, this means a party is not entitled to a refund under this scenario.

You're probably going to have to wait this out a bit more. Again, I really hope you get it soon!

jd16

Post by jd16 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:34 pm

http://asia.cnet.com/teen-pays-us735-fo ... 223113.htm

At least you didn't buy a photo of an intake!

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:03 am

What a joke should always opt for pay pal to be safe IMO

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm

What is stated in the t&c's isn't necessarily enforceable. I'd contact accc to see if they are in fact legal.

Also, if you paid by CC call them and say you have not received goods. They may be happy to help.

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

Kev13B
Validated Member

Post by Kev13B » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 pm

did you end up getting it Steve ?
Wakefield: 1:18.244 - Winton: 1:44.129
RX-8 Club Stickers

killerbee
Validated Member

Post by killerbee » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 am

Nope, they keep dragging it out. I've asked for my money back, they say it's in transit blah blah
I can't find any t&c's on there website, but I'll take zoom's advice and contact the ACCC
BHR Coils
Lots of Plasti Dip

killerbee
Validated Member

Post by killerbee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:58 pm

43 days later!

Dear Customer,
Your parcel (1) from MPS Garage P/L is ready for despatch with Australia Post.

The best way to track and manage the delivery of these goods is via My Deliveries. Click My Deliveries to create an account or here to log in. This consignment can also be viewed or you can choose to receive tracking emails by clicking on this link

Subscribe

Please allow approximately 24 hours before checking the website.

Regards,

MPS Garage P/L

**Please note that this is an automatically generated email - replies will not be answered.
BHR Coils
Lots of Plasti Dip

shr3da
Validated Member

Post by shr3da » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:42 pm

What a joke, assholes.

03 Sunlight Silver 6MT

killerbee
Validated Member