Moderator: zoom

calvinp

3rd Year of Ownership

Post by calvinp » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi everyone.

A big shout out to all the locals.

Apologies for the long absence.

Oh..and the important thing. I still have my GT :) Happy? :P

Well, it's been a pretty awesome trip over the last 36 months. The RX 8 GT has been relegated to 'toy' status and sits in the garage until the sun comes out to play. I keep the battery topped up and let the engine wind to red line every time I get to drive (after warm up , of course)

How are you guys holding up?

PS: I see that the price of the RX-8s on the used car market has pretty much crashed...lol
ouch :)

C

Nathan1066
Validated Member

Re: 3rd Year of Ownership

Post by Nathan1066 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:35 pm

SUnny days are on the way :)

Almost time for another SA catch up???
Black 2004 6 speed manual + luxury pack - Mods - Greg Mildren full re-build, Magnaflow (decat) E.T. exhaust, high flow fuel pump, aftermarket K&N air intake, Revs dyno and re-tune, Ric Shaw Cooling mod, Streetuned triple gauge cluster, rebuilt gearbox :) 150RWKW

soundawake

Post by soundawake » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 am

I'm in my second month of ownership... although my RX-8 has been in my family since 2007. Just got a whole lot of work done to it by Paradise Mazda.. major service, starter motor, engine mounts, and tail light seals replaced.

Although, after I got the car back I noticed my tail lights have several cracks in them now. I sent pics to John Jeffries, and took the car back to show them, they apologised and said 'we'll see what we can do to help you out'... I know how you can help me out, replace my now damaged tail lights!!

Waiting on a phone call back from them today. Hopefully they do the right thing. I will be sorely disappointed if they don't.

John
Validated Member

Post by John » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am

I know your pain, request cosmetic inspection at drop off, also must ask once ready for pickup that car is stored safely - away from other customers

soundawake

Post by soundawake » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am

I should add that Paradise Mazda have been absolutely fantastic so far, and John Jeffries has given wonderful service... hopefully that continues.

vortex

Post by vortex » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Long time no see Calvin!
calvinp wrote:PS: I see that the price of the RX-8s on the used car market has pretty much crashed...lol
ouch :)
I'm counting on it! Eyes peeled for cheap, straight RX8s with dead engines at the moment for a race car project :)