Newbie wanna ask something

Regional Forum for all in SA

Moderator: zoom

SkittleLover

Newbie wanna ask something

Post by SkittleLover » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 am

Hi,
I want to ask Do i need to take the 8 to service center to do the general checking about the car after i buy it? I did do the checking before buying it but I just want to make sure everything is good.
the car is 2005 Mazda RX-8 with 91000km and the owner already did the service which was 3 weeks ago.
- the another question is when we warm up and turn it off DO we just like leave the car for 5-10 mins before drive/ and leave 5-10mins turn it off ? Can anyone help me with probably start and off the car Pls thanks!
And one more thing how much does it cost for the service and does the service do like rebuild engine if we ask so?

Sorry if these questions are stupid because I'm just new to the 8 but really love this car since 3 years ago and have to wait until got properly job/also save up for the car even though my families didnt really support when i buy the car because they said these car is kind of tricky, hard to handle.

Thanks

alcoholic_enigma
Validated Member

Re: Newbie wanna ask something

Post by alcoholic_enigma » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 am

Best first place to look :)
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6661
Justin

Sunlight Silver 2005 Mazda RX-8 SE3P Special Edition Manual
Adaptronics RX-8 ECU, Aftermarket Ignition Kit (Sparks, Coils, Leads), Full Ric Shaw Exhaust System (Headers, Mid-Pipe, Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter, Muffler & Tips), Series 2 GT Gearbox, Ric Shaw Lightweight Flywheel & Reinforced Clutch Kit, Ric Shaw Electronic Throttle Control Unit (adjustable), Ric Shaw Adjustable Sway Bars, Project-μ CRD Brake Rotors & NS400/B-Spec Pads, 235/40/R18 Yokohama Advan AD08Rs, RX8Performance Engine Mounts, ROH Evolution R Blue-Trim 18x8 Rims, Optima Yellow Top D35 Battery, RX8Performance Cooling Fan Override Kit

Mr_Porter

Post by Mr_Porter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Service is around $280 at Revs

Generation
Validated Member

Post by Generation » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Leaving your car for that long to warm up and cool down is actually worse because it can contribute to carbon build up from staying at low revs for a sustained period of time.
2004 Black Series 1, [RXX08] (Sold)

Once you go brap you never go back!

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:19 pm

Warm the car until the temp gauge moves off C and you're good. No need to Warm down it just builds up heat. Just cruise the last few k's home and get some air over the radiator under light load.

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94