Photo's of Seat Anchored Ipad/Iphone Holder

Share pictures or videos of your cars and other general multimedia

Moderator: zoom

Bones

Photo's of Seat Anchored Ipad/Iphone Holder

Post by Bones » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 am

Guy's the other day in a post I mentioned that when I got time I would post a few photo's of an Ipad Holder (seat anchored) that I have installed. I did not want one that blocked vision and got in the way. This one I find is very good (so far). I have bounced it over some crappy roads and the Ipad did not dislodge. When it is snapped into the holder it is very firm.

The holder is anchored to the passenger seat and has three (3) swivel joints to allow you to place it in a position that you prefer. The swivels are at the base (anchor point), half way up the arm and one at the top.

The ipad is attached to a purpose Ipad holder with a metal disc and female thread at the back at the back. This disc is anchored/attached to the arm and held in place by a magnet/screw that fits to the metal disc. Hope that sounds right and you get the drift ?

Also there are various models for the various Ipad's/Iphones

Bones
Attachments
DSC_0008 (640x427).jpg
DSC_0010 (640x427).jpg
DSC_0011 (640x427).jpg
DSC_0012 (570x640).jpg
DSC_0014 (640x405).jpg
The pink disc you see is the screw that you tighten to hold the ipad in place
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson

pmstick

Re: Photo's of Seat Anchored Ipad/Iphone Holder

Post by pmstick » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks good bones. Where can you get this kind from? Do you know what brand it it?

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:00 am

Hi,

The holder is called "The Joy Factory Valet Seat Bolt Mount" and I purchased it from (Macfixit Australia) http://www.macfixit.com.au/. While they were ok they don't tell you that the item is in stock or not and it was not until I ordered and paid for that I was told they did not have it in stock and it went on backorder. However in saying that I did get it in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Just make sure if you are going to purchase one that it is compatible with your version of ipad or iphone. Also the Joystick mount comes with 3 different types of brackets supposedly to accommodate various seat bolt arrangements. As you would expect none of these actually fitted the RX8. But with a minor modification to the bracket it fitted fine. As I am not sure how other RX8 seats are bolted to the floor this bracket issue may have been due to the racing seats I have in my GT model.

So far I have found the holder very good , easy to use, you can take it out or fold it down when not in use and it holds my Ipad very securely. Great for using the Ipad with the OBD app and Nav app.

Bones

Bones
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson

tim33h
Validated Member

Post by tim33h » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:23 am

Looks great!! How many bones did it cost??

tim33h
Validated Member

Post by tim33h » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 am

Looks great!! How many bones did it cost??

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:04 am

How many Bones ??? 159 Bones or $159 :lol:

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 am

I should have also added that they are made from Carbon fibre