Eating at the Nationals - A question of where...

Do you want Catering at WPR?

Yes, for all meals
No votes
Yes, but only for breakfast/lunch
33%
No, I will fend for myself
67%

Total votes: 6

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Hey guys,

This is something I've been mulling over after the change in catering at WPR last year. Basically, are people happy to fork out $100 for food and have WPR do all our meals?

The other option I was thinking is essentially fend for yourself. I know a lot of people are considering staying in Goulburn for comfort reasons, and I was seriously considering doing our Saturday night Dinner/Awards in town as well, for a nicer surrounds/easier access to a drink or two.

Now the pros for catering at WPR is simply convenience...but the cons are fairly obvious. The price has gone up, and the quality was fairly average.

For fend for yourself...well, its just the inconvenience of it. The cafe will be running on Saturday so you can still get lunch at WPR, or maybe pack your own on Friday.

What are peoples thoughts on this matter??

Please note, for those that have paid for catering for their +1's, if we remove food from the equation then you will be refunded the $100. Currently the $450 entry is based on only 20 entries, so if we reach the target 30 (which we should) then you will also be applicable for another refund as the entry cost will only be $350. It would seem I made a bit of a booboo on the entry :oops:

If I get no actual response to this, I'm binning the catering. :lol:
ImageImage

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Re: Eating at the Nationals - A question of where...

Post by zoom » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 am

CMON guys...where are you all. Dont leave Nathan hanging!!!

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

generis
Validated Member

Post by generis » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 am

For me the meals will be linked somewhat to accommodation. But having said that I will have a 'designated' driver with me so would prefer a decent meal in town on the Saturday night.
Bathurst - 3.06.63 Woo Hoo!

retro
Validated Member

Post by retro » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 am

I think the idea of WPR catering for all meals worked fine I guess when a lot of attendees stayed at WPR.

If most will be staying in Goulburn I would suggest a Saturday night dinner in Goulburn would work well. This would mean all having to fend for themselves for other meals. It would mean of course booking a place well in advance with a good estimate of the numbers attending.

The only other thing is the Friday night meet up which in the past was at the WPR Cafe and included in the catering. Maybe for those inclined to get together on Friday maybe a pub could be nominated. A couple of quiet drinks and pub food may be ok - no need for official organising for that - just nominate a pub and whoever wants can turn up there. So:

1 Nominate a Pub for Friday night meet up (optional and F&B at own cost)
2 Book a restaurant Saturday night for dinner/awards that can take the numbers (Paid for from Fees)
3 All other meals take care of yourself

My view if it helps.

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 pm

We will be staying in Goulburn so would prefer to

1. Meet Friday nignt in Goulburn at a pub, restaurant or cafe
2. Get lunch Saturday at the cafe at WPR
3. Dinner in Goulburn Saturday evening

Its not that big a town & we can always get a taxi to the restaurant. If we nominate where we are staying we could share taxis.
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

Black8
Validated Member

Post by Black8 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm happy to fend for myself.

However, just thinking, if lunch is catered for by the WPR Cafe (i.e., included), what would be the cost? We could probably just organise catering from WPR for Saturday lunch only. Just a thought.
RX-8 Revelation - an OzRenesis member.
I just need one mod, Stig's brain! The rest are complimentary :)

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 am

Some good thoughts guys, thanks for the responses...

Iggy: If we just do lunch at WPR, then it will be $20 or so per person. So no real saving over just buying individually I guess. I will confirm that the cafe will be open for general use even if we have no catering.
ImageImage

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 am

Catering at WPR is fantastic both cost and quality wise.

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 am

It was at my first Nationals, but last year was average for the cost we paid. :| Debbie retired you see, and it was taken over by her off-sider
ImageImage

Black8
Validated Member

Post by Black8 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm

As Nathan said, last year wasn't as good as when Debbie was still there.
RX-8 Revelation - an OzRenesis member.
I just need one mod, Stig's brain! The rest are complimentary :)

Nocty
Validated Member

Post by Nocty » Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 am

Been AWOL; new car, and a stack of newly added responsibilities to my job. Apologies for the tardiness in reply.

I'm fine with the "lunch/breakfast at WPR, dinner at a pub in town" idea. Given the hassles with us Northerners freezing in the cold climate, I'd more than happy to stay in a properly insulated hotel/motel room and eat dinner in town ;)