Event rebirthed, please see rotary nationals thread

Vanq
Validated Member

Re: Event Sadly Cancelled :(

Post by Vanq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm

There is definitely a lot of that Len. It is a shame because my first Nationals was 2010, as a new fresh faced owner. It is still my most fond car related memory :( A little bit of budgeting last year would have been all it would take.

I was really hoping to build upon the experience I got last year to make this year bigger and better :(
ImageImage

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Not happy. I was so looking forward to seeing my 8's true potential.

Thanks for your hard work in trying to make it happen, I appreciate it
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

stanz
Validated Member

Post by stanz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Maybe it's just me, but looking at the list of 12-15 i decided not to post to commit as last year had a turnout of 28? if me putting in right now would change anything, i definitely would :(
08 CPW RX8 GT - My Mods : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8007&p=75307#p75307

shr3da
Validated Member

Post by shr3da » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm

It is disappointing. But I'm pretty sure the main reason people did not commit is because of the financial side. Driving all the way from melb, plus the rest, it would cost all up 1k probably. Why pay that much when I can pay a quarter of that and use a track down here? That's why I didn't go.

Maybe we should have something for each state???

Although I would say MACCA is wrong in his comment regarding newer rx-8 owners. You can't generalise a whole group like that.
RX-8 Monthly Meets, Melbourne

Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/rx8club.com.au

03 Sunlight Silver 6MT

bigstevie
Validated Member

Post by bigstevie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Nathan, thanks for the effort you put in to try and make this event a reality. there was nothing more you could do, it just wasn't meant to be.

Just remember that owners voted for a return to Wakefield in 2011. If someone tries to organise a 2012 event, don't vote if you don't plan to attend.

Black8
Validated Member

Post by Black8 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 pm

So sorry to hear it had to be cancelled. Is inviting non-RX8 not an option? We could limit it to Mazda still, say OzMPS and/or MX-5 (selected few who we know has good reputation on the track). I know it probably won't be called RX-8 Nationals anymore, but considering how RX-8 ownership demographics has changed (meaning 2nd hand ones are more affordable, and original enthusiasts moving on to other cars), you'll find it extra hard to find those who wants to explore the true capabilities of their RX-8.
RX-8 Revelation - an OzRenesis member.
I just need one mod, Stig's brain! The rest are complimentary :)

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Yeah, I've briefly chatted with Alan regarding a joint RX-8 / RENEW trackday to take advantage of the booking we already have, I'm going to chat with him further.

It wont be a Nationals, but I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be on a freezing Goulburn morning :D
ImageImage

titanium nomad
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by titanium nomad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 pm

yes it is a sad occasion, i agree with black . I am one of those 2nd hand buyers and not that way with the car, It is not the same same as the Subaru or Evo,s the 8 is like a prestige luxury sports car and its performance and handling is understated and it isnt or wasnt marketed as a racer....but it is a fine machine

GOOD LUCK WITH NEXT YEAR