Event rebirthed, please see rotary nationals thread

Moefoe

Re: PLEASE GET YOUR DEPOSITS IN!

Post by Moefoe » Sun May 08, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm in!!

I will have have the deposit to you approx mid month when the pay comes through.

Can't wait I hope there's time to save for semi's!!

RX8889

Post by RX8889 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Are we far off the numbers required??? I will commit and pay the deposit but if we are far off then what's the point? It's going to be my first time at a track and I want to do it but don't want to lose $300 bucks either if the numbers aren't there.

This is exactly why we need to front up and create a proper rx8 club. I would happily pay a membership, the mx5 club is thriving we could be as good if not better if we all just accepted it's gonna cost us a little bit of money. We pay $80 bucks for oil for gods sake!

I have gained so much from this forum already and I have only been a member since September 2010. What is going on guys? Step up and sort this out!!!!!!! Vanq how do
I pay???

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 am

If anyone is concerned about their money if we fall short, you will be fully refunded. I'm not going to skip to Mexico, too many members know me hahaha.

I agree, this is one of the downsides of not being a financial club. People seem to commit to things much more readily when money is on the line, hence why I just want to see deposits come in :(

Realistically we are short by 13 people. Payment details are all in the Nationals document in the main thread. If you want to discuss alternate options, definitely PM me :)
ImageImage

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

I will get my deposit in this week. I hope we get the required numbers
skc
Hymee Supercharged (200kw at the wheels)
Lakeside 1:02.02
Wakefield 1:12.04(NA) 1:11.36(FI)

Kustom
Validated Member

PLEASE GET YOUR DEPOSITS IN!

Post by Kustom » Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Hope your cars ready in time skc. I would be in for sure but I'm starting my new job tomorrow so yeah can't really ask for time off just yet.

Lynda
Validated Member

Post by Lynda » Tue May 31, 2011 6:18 pm

So whats the go we happeing or not?
President
RX8 Club of Tas....

If you cant set a good example, be a good warning....

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Tue May 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Probably not, I'll contact people who have committed money over the next few days for their opinions
ImageImage

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Tue May 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Vanq wrote:Probably not, I'll contact people who have committed money over the next few days for their opinions
Do you want me to hold off paying my deposit until a decision is made?
skc

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:11 am

Would be a good idea mate, even if you put it in, we'd still be 12 short...I can't see 12 people deciding to come to the party any time soon. :(
ImageImage

Lynda
Validated Member

Post by Lynda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am

WELL THATS JUST CRAP!!!!
was looking forward to it too.. oh well as they say we try again next year.....:(
President
RX8 Club of Tas....

If you cant set a good example, be a good warning....

retro
Validated Member

Post by retro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

It's come to this? Ownership over the years has changed that much we can't get 30 owners to an annually held very special track day that over the years has had attendees from Qld, Vic ACT and NSW?

Damn! This year we were to get owners from Tassie coming up!

Do we all now just like looking at our car and making it mean looking, lowered with mods here and there etc etc but very few of us want to take up the opportunity of driving this car where it really shines the most mods or not - on the track?

That is just sad.

MACCAA

Post by MACCAA » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:53 am

Lynda wrote:WELL THATS JUST CRAP!!!!
was looking forward to it too.. oh well as they say we try again next year.....:(

.Everyone talks up wanting to go,but when the crunch comes,don't put their money where their mouth is.
They find any excuse not to go but usually with the "I'll definitely go next year"crap.{not including you in this group,Lynda}
Well here's a news flash for you-there won't be a next year.
People love to say that they'll go,so Nathan does all the groundwork,but in the end they're all talk.
We've had 6 RX8 Nationals [I've run the Track at 5 of them] and it looks like that's it.
Good work Nathan last year and on this one but I think it's dead in the water.

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 am

Vanq wrote:Would be a good idea mate, even if you put it in, we'd still be 12 short...I can't see 12 people deciding to come to the party any time soon. :(
So this it guys, the end of an era for the RX8 club. It would be a shame to loose such an event. Thank you Nathan for taking on the challenge I hope we can somehow resurrect this event.

If we can rally together and get the numbers in this week then we could revive this event. The crunch time is here so commit now!!!
skc

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks guys, the support of you old hats both last year and this year have really meant a lot, but it is crunch time and it looks like a whole new generation of RX-8 owners won't realise what they have missed out on.

Maybe if I give people a year and a half to put the pennies away we might have more luck :|
ImageImage

MACCAA

Post by MACCAA » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:52 pm

You could give people ten and a half year's notice and it wouldn't make any difference.
These days it's all about carbon-fibreing your flux capacitor and putting strobe lights in the footwells-talk about Hello Kitty cars!
The thought of using your car as a sports car[heaven forbid!] and driving it accordingly on a Track is a no-go zone for the current lot.
Yes I am pissed off...