RX-8 Nationals and Rotary Day - ENTRY FORMS ARE UP!

ottog
Validated Member

Re: RX-8 Nationals and Rotary Day - ENTRY FORMS ARE UP!

Post by ottog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Absolutely awsome event. I had a great time catching up with some old friends and making some new ones.

Thanks Nathan for organising it. Also thanks to the Renew club whithout whose particiation the entire event may not have happened.

I t was realy pleasing to see a new generation of RX8 owners making their first appearances on the track. I hope that you have all enjoyed the day, the experience and that it has left you thirsting for more.

Can't wait to see everyones pics and hopefully the in-car videos.

A great day all round with great company as well.

cheers.... Otto

c-bomb
Validated Member

Post by c-bomb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 am

What a great time! To Nathan and Don and Len and all the organisers for their efforts, to RENEW for their participation, to the instructor Andrew who guided and encouraged a complete beginner, to all those who patiently waited when stuck behind me :lol:, and to everybody for just being so friendly and welcoming... a great big thank you.

It was fantastic to meet everybody and I can't wait for the next. 2012 Nats in QLD anyone...?

Prime
Validated Member

Post by Prime » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 am

I am still in Sydney today, making my way back to the Sunshine State over two days.

Yep, fantastic day all round really, had nothing less than a ripper of a time! :D

I think that new members pondering about whether to go next year need to hear and understand how much of a developmental opportunity this is for you as a driver. Sure, any advance driver trainer course can also develop you, but you will not be on the track with just other RX8s (and there is a lot to said about that), and you will not experience the generous friendship, guidance and support of the more senior / experienced RX8 members. They really do want to help you.

More specifically, the day had a couple of sessions where the new faces could take out a more experienced person with them for one-on-one guidance and instruction. It is something all the freshmen and women fround very rewarding.

Well all I can say is that the stories and the beers (and wine) went well on into the night.

Many thanks Nathan, RENEW, Don and Len. Also a special thanks to Sailesh, Allan and Otto for their instruction and support.

See you in 2012! Cheers, Nigel
RX8 - Wakefield: 1:15.50 | Lakeside: 1:04.49 | QR Sprint Track: 1:05.38

Kustom
Validated Member

RX-8 Nationals and Rotary Day - ENTRY FORMS ARE UP!

Post by Kustom » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:18 pm

So gonna be there in 2012!

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Great event, had the best time with a great bunch of people both on & off the track

Thanks to Nathan for organising :thumbright: Renew for their help in making it happen :thumbright: Don & Len for their instruction & marshalling of us :thumbright: Allan & Jeanette for their scrutineering & admin assistance :thumbright: Steve for his guidance & track instruction :thumbright: & finally eveyone who was there to make a good day perfect :thumbright: Even the weather was on our side.

Tubs, so glad you got home safe & sound

To those still travelling interstate, safe journey home.

Pics up soon. Just 364 sleeps till the next one.

Paul
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Glad you made it home Tubs :D

I have 30gig of video to sort through...I'll see everyone in a few days :D

Thanks to all that made it, expect a bunch of pics very soon!
ImageImage

kitsune
Validated Member

Post by kitsune » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Had a really fun day at Nationals and learnt so much about my car and my driving. Like:

Lipstick first, then helmet.

Scrutineering not just in the morning, it goes on all day. Lots of people looking at your car and inviting you to look at theirs. Still not sure what I'm looking at but very impressed all the same.

Wakefield Park has bunnies living near the trees. Tried to whistle one up but thinking about it, all the animals around there would be deaf..............

Bring lots of coolant, not for car, for driver. It's dehydrating talking all day plus 10 turns x 10 "Omigods" x 25 laps = bring more water next year.

Change coolant at Astor at 6pm. I needed a few top ups myself over dinner.

I'll bring more lunch next year too. Not sure what kind of burger I ordered but swear one of those deaf bunnies was missing after lunch.

Thank you to Nathan for organising and the Renew guys for saving the day. I'm specially grateful to Len and Don for all their expertise and for a day that ran so smoothly. Thanks also to the experienced drivers who got on board and were so generous with their time and knowledge. And to everyone, thanks for being so friendly and welcoming. I also felt I had chosen the right car, now I know.

K