RX-8 Nationals 2006: Nominations are open

2006 RX8 Nationals - November 5th - 6th

Moderator: zoom

xxup

RX-8 Nationals 2006: Nominations are open

Post by xxup » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:43 pm

At last the big launch is here..

A few nights ago, I sent out invitations to the 2005 RX-8 Nationals attendees to seek their nomination to attend the 2006 RX-8 Nationals. They have until 12 August 2006 to let the organising committee know their intentions. As some have already declined, I can confirm that some places for the event are now available for people who did not have the opportunity to attend last year and who would like to attend this year.

The big change for 2006 is that the event will run over two days (Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 October).

Here are some of the pre-requisites and conditions:
1. You must own a RX-8 as no other make or model of car will be permitted on the track during the event!

2. If you are offered a place in the event, you must return payment for the event and fax (or mail) a signed entry form for the event by the (to be) published date. This date is likely to be 29 August 2006. Late payments or entry forms will not be accepted - no exceptions!

3. There may be a second round of offers created by people who fail to pay or send their entry form to us by the published date.

4. The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event.

If you are interested in attending the event, please nominate yourself by posting a reply to this message before midnight 17 August 2006. I also need you to send me a PM with your name, e-mail address and mobile phone number at the same time you post your interest in the event. If you are lucky enough to make the shortlist, I will send the offer of a place via e-mail to you.

Feel free to ask questions about the event, but please do not clutter this thread with unrelated chatter as it makes it difficult to account for all the nominations.

Please note that nominating does not automatically entitle you to a place at the 2006 RX-8 Nationals. However, places at the event will be offered in the order that reponses are posted on this thread based on the available places created by the 2005 attendees who choose to relinquish their place at the event this year.

Go for it! Time is short!

The organising committee for 2006 is:
QLD - xxup - Adrian
VIC - auzoom - Andrew
VIC - takahashi - Stephen
ACT - Jellybean - Ron
ACT -
NSW - Mikeyr - Mike
Last edited by xxup on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Roddo

RX8 Nationals

Post by Roddo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 pm

G'day Adrian
What date is the Nationals and how much does it cost .Also what do we need to bring . Really looking forward to attending
Roddo

xxup

Re: RX8 Nationals

Post by xxup » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:34 pm

Roddo wrote:G'day Adrian
What date is the Nationals and how much does it cost .Also what do we need to bring . Really looking forward to attending
Roddo
Good questions..

This year the Nationals are held on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 October. Thanks for spotting that omission for us Roddo :oops:

The estimated cost is around $350 per day for those who want to drive (Participant) on the track. For those who do not wish to drive on the track the cost is around $100 per day for those over the age of 12 who accompany a Participant.. (Children 12 and under are free!) This includes food - believe me when I say that no one went hungry last year!

On top of this you need to pay for accomodation (min $50 per person per day), Wakefield license (unless you have one that satisfies the Wakefield people) and Helmet hire.

Participants also need to bring a long sleeve cotton t-shirt, jeans and enclosed shoes. Full details will be provided in the entry form and related information kit that we will provide to Participants after the closing date for the expression of interest closes.
Last edited by xxup on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

takahashi
Validated Member

Post by takahashi » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Date: 3 and 4 October.

Cost: Yet to work out. Last year it was $300.

What to bring:

Helmet (Australian standard or Snell standard http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/?f ... acing#down ). You cannot simply forget that Adrian :lol:

Long sleeve cotton garments. I want to buy a racesuit though Adrian

Driver

an working RX-8

other stuff like engine oil, spare tyre, spare brakes, and spare studs ( :( )[/url]
OzRenesis - Mazda RX-8 owners club of Victoria inc.
The new Taka's blog

Roddo

RX8 Nationals

Post by Roddo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:06 pm

Adrian
Please count me in
Hope I make the short list
Cant wait to meet the gang :D
Roddo 5/08/06

xxup

Post by xxup » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:57 pm

Welcome aboard Roddo... :D

If you have never been on a track before then you are in for a wonderful experience.. As Jeremy Clarke mentioned on Top Gear, these cars were made for the track and I was astonished at what the car could do.. Everyone finished their first set of laps with a very large silly grin.. 8)

xxup

Post by xxup » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:04 pm

takahashi wrote:Helmet (Australian standard or Snell standard http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/?f ... acing#down ). You cannot simply forget that Adrian :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
takahashi wrote: Long sleeve cotton garments. I want to buy a racesuit though Adrian
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The other thing worth mentioning is that we cater for everyone from people who have never been to a race track to experts with "full featured" cars. For those who have never been on the track before we will endevour to arrange a lap or two with an experienced driver before we let off on your own. We were very successful in grouping people last year to so that we did not have a mix of skill on the track at the same time.

As you can see - there are lots of options for both the novice (like moi) and the obsessed (the Stig!) :wink:

Roxy8

Post by Roxy8 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I don't want to miss it this year (like last year). Put my name in the register please.

xxup

Post by xxup » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:13 pm

No problem Roxy8... Please don't forget to send me a PM with the contact details that I need... See you tomorrow :)

Saint
Validated Member

Post by Saint » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm definately in. Sign me up
Saint-----
"If it aint a Rotor, it aint a Motor!."

Nocty
Validated Member

Post by Nocty » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:47 pm

Sounds like a plan. Sign me up :)

xxup

Post by xxup » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:59 am

***** UPDATED 11 Aug 2006 ******

So far we have:

NSW - ( 8 )
Muzz
Play78
ottog
geisha8
MikeyR
Roddo
D00nson
Cronullarx8

QLD ( 6.5 )
xxup
Skc
Roxy8
Nocty
Hymee
Rx88er
Tubbamonk (maybe)

ACT - ( 6 )
Generis
Jellybean
Tim Tam
RX-8 (the person not the car!)
Saint
Sqz

VIC - ( 5 .5)
takahashi (Thanks Rod :wink: )
Jormatom
XATNEP
Auzoom
Matt
RXVIII (maybe)

We need at least another 9 people to make this happen... 7 people who came last year have not let us know one way or another as to whether they are coming to the event - please contact us as soon as possible.. :oops:

So if you are keen, but have not contacted one of the organisers, then please do so quickly we need to make a decision about going ahead with the event by the middle of next week.
Last edited by xxup on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

Matt
Validated Member

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 am

Count me in.

I would love to be there.

Matt

Edit:- Count me out, can't get away
Last edited by Matt on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

cronullarx8

RX8 National 2006

Post by cronullarx8 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:46 pm

Count me in as a DEFINITE. I have a title to defend!
Did not receive an e-mail
address:rodshell@bigpond.net.au
regards,
Cronulla RX8 (Rod)

xxup

Post by xxup » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:16 pm

Thanks Rod..

I was a little disappointed that I had not heard from you.. E-mail is not the most reliable technology.. For anyone else who attended last year and did not get the e-mail, please accept my apology for Telstra's dodgy service.. :roll:

Wwwaaaaahhhoooo Rod is coming to the Nats... :D :D

I love it when a plan comes together... 8)