NUMBER PLATES

General Chit-Chat anything goes.

Moderator: zoom

Ironhead

body kit

Post by Ironhead » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:21 pm

Hey all,

thanks.. the kit is from carmate.com..
i had a little issue with them.. they were a little dodgy, but steve the owner sorted it out.. a few paint chips they made during the fitting process (which they claim is normal)

as you can see the side skirt is supposed to be 2 tone.. black on the bottom lip. i have to take it back in to get it sprayed properly.

but in the end.. turned out quite nice. i'm happy. :D

if your thinking about getting the kit.. make sure you get everything on paper! everything!

mikeyr

Post by mikeyr » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:26 pm

takahashi wrote:Oh yeah :?

I know Rot8 is loaded so I think he is going for the German this time :evil:
Actually he was thinking of something AWD and japanese.... sad

spiderbrigi

Post by spiderbrigi » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Number plates up for grabs if you have spare $$$- (in the SMH Drive section 3/3/06)

EI8HT 8) - $10,000!! - ono (that means $9,999.99)

or RICH - $55,000!!!!! :o (number plate costs more than the car?)

YAHOO - $6500!

ZOOMBY
Validated Member

Post by ZOOMBY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Whether they get that is a different story though, although money can be made thats 4sure 8) . A similar number plate to mine ZZOOMM was in the trading post for $25,000.

Who knows if it sold 4 that much, and the funny thing was he or she parked rite near me once. I was in the Cross, and when I got back to my BLK SP20(ZZOOM), there was yellow SP20 (ZZOOMM) parked in front of me :shock: . I had to have a second look, coz I thought I was seeing double :lol: :lol: :lol:
Z Z O O M
ZOOMBY BYE BYE

d00nson

Post by d00nson » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:14 am

of course it nev occured to u at the time to take a pic with ur camera phone :wink:
Overachieving underachiever

ZOOMBY
Validated Member

Post by ZOOMBY » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:29 pm

d00nson wrote:of course it nev occured to u at the time to take a pic with ur camera phone :wink:
The camera in my phone at the time didn't have a flash :roll: , so it would have been pointless. But it would have been pretty cool if I would have been able too 8) .
Z Z O O M
ZOOMBY BYE BYE

RotorConvert

In two minds...

Post by RotorConvert » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:11 am

Hi there all,

I have just normal SA Festival plates...am agonising over spending $240 per year on a personalised plate......is it a waste of money?? The WD seems to think so.....I can't claim it on tax...can I?? :(

I have checked and I think that a few plate options I have seen here are still available in SA....what do you guys think should I make the car more obvious?? :lol:

BTW saw 3 of them on the work this morning.....amazing for here...1 sunlight silver....one dark grey..can't remember the colour name and one black!! Amazing...only one with personalised plates though..

OK also what colour would look good.....black on silver....silver on black.....we have lots of choice.....

Your opinions would be appreciated.... :wink:

Have to go do some work now...will check back later!!
Sadly my rotor days are coming to an end.....gone back to the piston dark side..... Will fuel ever be below $1 a litre again?

RotorConvert

Post by RotorConvert » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:41 am

It is done....

Called my step mum and asked her wordly advice...she said....Julia you have worked hard to get this car...now make it yours and of course get the plate you want!! I love her to death!!

So just ordered my plate on the net......got black on silver.....and I got one I like.....RENESIS...for those who know they won't ask for those that don't I'll happily tell them.

Right now that's all over I will get on with my work!

C'YA :wink:

Thanks for starting this thread Vito... you made me get organised....

My Dad thought I should get POSER!!! :wink:

I'm happy anyway will deal with the WD when I get home!!
Sadly my rotor days are coming to an end.....gone back to the piston dark side..... Will fuel ever be below $1 a litre again?

timbo
Validated Member

Post by timbo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:54 am

Glad to hear we helped with that decision :wink: :lol:

Yep, I reckon RENESIS is a good one....wonder if it's still available in the ACT...oh no...now look what you've made me do :wink:

timbo
Validated Member

Post by timbo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:59 am

RENESIS on an ACT plate costs freakin' $2 grand...well, that settles that little diversion. Back to work!....all of you! (and stop sniggering) :lol:

takahashi
Validated Member

Post by takahashi » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:05 pm

I wonder who has TAKA in Victoria - I should offer that person something...
OzRenesis - Mazda RX-8 owners club of Victoria inc.
The new Taka's blog

Tim Tam
Validated Member

Post by Tim Tam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 pm

timbo wrote:RENESIS on an ACT plate costs freakin' $2 grand...well, that settles that little diversion. Back to work!....all of you! (and stop sniggering) :lol:
Yep, I was quoted $1900 (one off fee) for BLU RX8 a year ago. Hard to justify the spend (unless you're the owner of a certain black RX-8 who owns TWO sets of personalised plates.........!).

mikeyr

Post by mikeyr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:20 pm

Yep, I was quoted $1900 (one off fee) for BLU RX8 a year ago. Hard to justify the spend (unless you're the owner of a certain black RX-8 who owns TWO sets of personalised plates.........!).
He hasn't got "the stig" as well has he???

Tim Tam
Validated Member

Post by Tim Tam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:26 pm

No, not THAT black owner. I was referring to our resident Canberra accessory collector.

Saint
Validated Member

RX-008

Post by Saint » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:03 pm

I'm getting my new plates on Friday RX-008, slimline, should look nice on my meshed front end. And Yes, I have removed the OEM grill and meshed that and the other 3 openings, looks nice and mean now. Just have to wait till the Stainless steel fender strakes, rotary crests are available and the polished aluminium fuel lid comes in. Then maybe the MS wing (eventually)
Saint-----
"If it aint a Rotor, it aint a Motor!."