RX8Club and OzMPS - Scottish Arms Cruise! 19th of June!

Regional Forum for all in the ACT

Moderator: zoom

Vanq
Validated Member

RX8Club and OzMPS - Scottish Arms Cruise! 19th of June!

Post by Vanq » Tue May 24, 2011 11:41 am

The guys over at OzMPS are running another cruise, and it would be tops to get some RX-8 representation! Anyone keen?

Linked from: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-cru ... -june.html

Destination: Link - http://www.scottisharms.com.au/page.asp?PageID=2 - 69 Boardman Road East Bowral.
Other Details: Nil at this stage
Bring: Full tank of fuel, Two Way, Copy of Map.
Route: Different for NSW and ACT Members, Please see below.

ACT Members:

Queanbeyan Spotlight carpark
Meeting Time: 0900
Departure Time: 0930 (For 12pm Arrival)

NSW Members:
The park on the corner of Farnell ave and the princess highway Loftus. we park just on the right hand side around the corner BEFORE the enterance to RNP... there has been the occasional issue with parking too close to the gates and it's possible to get a nice fine from a "friendly" park ranger... we want to avoid that :)
Meeting Time: 9AM
Departure Time: 9.30AM Sharp

View full map with stop off/regroup locations below. I highly recommend printing this off before leaving so you don't get lost!

The locations are;

[*]A - Farnell Ave, Loftus (Meeting Point)
[*]B - Station St, Stanwell Park (First regroup point)
[*]C - Illawarra Hwy, Albion Park (Second regroup point) - this is outside the school with the spare lane off to the site (plenty of room to pull over)
[*]D - Illawarra Hwy, Robertson (Third regroup point) - Just outside the pie shop
[*]E - 69 Boardman Road, East Bowral (Destination)

Important Points:
From:http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-cru ... ments.html
1. Leadership: There should be at least ONE clear cruise leader. The cruise leader will ALWAYS lead and should be very familiar with the route being taken.

2. Good Behaviour: Burnouts and reckless driving, is not condoned in the slightest. If you see a member disobeying this rule, do not become involved...move on. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS. If something is annoying or bothering you, talk to the leader of the cruise or the person involved in the offence at the next stop.

3. Respect Others: You can meet many great friends on a cruise, so don't be shy - make the effort to go up to other members and introduce yourself. Respect between our members will go a very long way to making the day an enjoyable event for everyone.

4. Respect the Public: While driving in small towns with local public traffic....DON'T BE AN IDIOT. TAKE YOUR TIME. Failure to respect other road users and members of the public will result in removal from the cruise and in a severe case, banning from OzMPSclub. We are on public display and do not want to be labelled as HOONS. The police are always around!

5. Limits: Slow cars should generally stick to the rear of the group, there is no need to drive fast or in a manner you aren't confident with. This will allow the more energetic drivers to have more space at the front. Please do not tailgate, as unexpected stops could cause an accident. If you feel you want to cruise at a relaxing pace on a particular section of the course, let the person behind you overtake in a safe manner.

6. Enjoy yourself: The whole point of the event is for FUN and ENJOYMENT. This cruise is meant to be fun, and really its only your choice to have fun or not. Please bear in mind the amount of time and effort spent by the organiser before giving criticism.

7. Disclaimer: OzMPSClub.com, it's Administrator's & Moderator's accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly, attributed to, in connection with or otherwise resulting from participation in a OzMPSClub.com or affiliated cruise/drive day. Participation is strictly your choice, and at your own risk.

MOST OF ALL ....TAKE CARE and be SAFE.

In (11):
  1. Sammy
  2. Melly
  3. Juzzy
  4. Lardy
  5. Matty
  6. Andy (Logan)
  7. Reedy
  8. lukey & kity
  9. Vanqy & Mothie (nathan and erin)

Maybe:

Out:
ImageImage

spinner
Validated Member

Re: RX8Club and OzMPS - Scottish Arms Cruise!

Post by spinner » Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 pm

What date is this cruise?
Any excuse to drive up Macquarie Pass
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

Vanq
Validated Member

Re: RX8Club and OzMPS - Scottish Arms Cruise! 19th of June!

Post by Vanq » Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 am

19th of June sorry :oops:

Be awesome if you could make it Paul, its very likely I'll be starting from the Gong too, so we could meet up 8)
ImageImage

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Wed May 25, 2011 6:07 pm

19ths free for me so yes, sounds like a good driving day :D

If you are starting from this way then yes lets catch up before the cruise :thumbright:

I assume I need to let the MPS club know I'm coming?
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Thu May 26, 2011 7:19 am

Yep, if you want to sign up and post to say hi that would be awesome. I'll give you a buzz the day before and let you know where I've been dragged haha
ImageImage

jerio
Validated Member

Post by jerio » Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am

Count me in :D
NSW 04 Brilliant Black RX8 Injen Short ram Intake

SarcasticOne
Validated Member

Post by SarcasticOne » Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm checking here every now and then :)

route from RNP to settlers link
Friendly MPS owner

Vanq
Validated Member

Post by Vanq » Thu May 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Awesome jerio, be good to meet you! :)
ImageImage

SarcasticOne
Validated Member

Post by SarcasticOne » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm

ok, have booked for 25 people (that's the total # of people who have said they're coming so far...) so if anyone else is looking to come along, please let either myself or vanq know asap

thanks!
Friendly MPS owner