Attachments
mk1.jpg
mk2.jpg
mk3.jpg
mk4.jpg
mk5.jpg
mk 9.jpg
mk 10.jpg
Last edited by RUKEEN on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MODS LIST
REVi Intake & Duct Combo + REV8 Exhaust System + RB- Resonated Race Pipe + JCR- Exhaust Header
RB- Suspension Package + Hawk HP Plus Pads + RB- Silicone Radiator Hose Kit + ULTRA Ignition Wires
HKS Oil Filter + RB- AC and Oil Cooler Screens + Zero II Coilover Suspension + Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
Haltech Sprint RE ECU+BHR Coils + Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump+ Racing custom Oil Sump + Lenzo Rims

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Re: lightning Yellow 1RX81

Post by RUKEEN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Few Engine shots from last year before the work was done.
Planning to tidy it up so it looks like this again.
Attachments
mk6.jpg
mk7.jpg
mk8.jpg
mk 11.jpg
mk 12.jpg
mk 13.jpg
MODS LIST
REVi Intake & Duct Combo + REV8 Exhaust System + RB- Resonated Race Pipe + JCR- Exhaust Header
RB- Suspension Package + Hawk HP Plus Pads + RB- Silicone Radiator Hose Kit + ULTRA Ignition Wires
HKS Oil Filter + RB- AC and Oil Cooler Screens + Zero II Coilover Suspension + Exedy Twin Plate Clutch
Haltech Sprint RE ECU+BHR Coils + Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump+ Racing custom Oil Sump + Lenzo Rims

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

few shots from Motor Ex 2013
Attachments
motor ex.jpg
motor ex 2.jpg
motor ex 3.jpg
MODS LIST

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice photo's & at one of the best car shows too
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Think its time to bring the old girl back out been sleeping for a few years.
Might take the covers off on the weekend and give her a wash.
Hope She starts !!!
MODS LIST

tim33h
Validated Member

Post by tim33h » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:49 pm

U should have brought her to Nationals man!

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Is it time to come out & play :lol:
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 am

been so busy last year Building a house, new born baby and racing my little mini,
I havnt even looked at the spare motor I was rebuilding for the 8.

But yes she needs to come out and play.
thinking of taking it to WSID for a run.
MODS LIST

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:57 am

Sep 2015 and the RX8 still under covers :( I really need to get it on the road before the end of the year.
MODS LIST

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Yes you do. It's too nice to leave sitting in a shed :lol:

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:36 pm

wow its been another year and the old girl is still packed away under covers.
I did kick it over a few months back and started first go with old fuel and old battery :)
MODS LIST

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Just popping in to say hi.
She is still sleeping but will be woken up in a few weeks as she is moving to my new house.
hopeful spend a little bit of time on her with some maintance and detail before i pack it up again.
MODS LIST

Txateu

Post by Txateu » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 pm

RUKEEN can you give some details on the haltech you have? Is it a piggy back ecu or a throttle controller? And is it worth getting?

RUKEEN
Validated Member

Post by RUKEEN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 am

to Be honest with you i havnt done anything with the car in years its been packed away at my inlaws.
funny thing is its coming out next week so i can get the air bags replaced.
your best bet is talking to John from JC Racing in botany as he did the setup and tune and i know he has done heaps since mine.
i guessing my ECU would be old now and new technology out on the market.
MODS LIST