The 2007 Australian RX-8 Nationals (the aftermath)

2007 Nationals - Please do not link to external sites

Moderator: zoom

takahashi
Validated Member

The 2007 Australian RX-8 Nationals (the aftermath)

Post by takahashi » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:55 am

The 2007 Nationals is a great success!

I have a lot of people to thank. Firstly Mazda Australia for their effort and their National shirts (who chose the colour btw?).

Mazda Japan Takashi san also came down and I thank him for coming.

Also thanks the president Nakamura san and Takashi san from KnightSports to come and visit us once again. Your presence is most welcome and we feel so privileged.

To Simon from Promaz and the team, thanks for all the supports and generous gifts.

Jason from REVS came all the way from SA with his car and what a find car that is. Thanks for everything you have contributed and we love to see you again.

Also gifts from rotary13b.com from the US, thanks for your generousity.

We should thank all the organiser of these event. The OzRenesis team has put a considerable effort into it and god does it pay off! The accom is excellent and the food is superb. We were truely impressed. Andrew, thanks for your effort. Kalli and Cromax and helped out throughout the event preparation and during the day. Craig, thanks for everything you have contributed and keeping the books straight. Also find sometimes to retune your car and top the chart for the team .

Last, but not least, thank for ALL the people coming. Without you, I would have just played soccer with the KnightSports guy and we will have not an event.

Rod and Glenn, I apologized that I could not give all I had during the event. I promised my little girl to drive safely and I have to true to my words. There is always another time.

Thanks very much

zoom
Post WHORE!
Post WHORE!

Post by zoom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Well I am back. I have a long list of thanks so I think I am going to just get into it.

So thanks go to:

Everyone for coming. Especially big thanks to the QLD and SA contingent for their long hauls.

As with the last few years, a big thanks to Mazda Australia for their assistance. Especially for sending Takeshi san, their senior RX-8 engineer. Takeshi san I take my hat off to you for helping settle a few arguments ;).

The guys from ProMaz for their assistance, support, sponsorship and prizes. Although not a ProMaz employee RXVIII, a big Image for the amount of time he spent giving people laps with his 227rwkw ProMaz turbo kit car.

The REVS gang for their assistance and support and also Nakamura san and Takashi san from Knightsport

The Guys and Girls at Benalla Leisure Park. The accomodation, food, service and entertainment was fantastic.

Everyone at Winton Raceway. Heather for her assistance when the budget got tight, Adam for his fantastic job with timing and Cass with the fantastic lunch.

Uncle Pete from Driver Dynamics who was tireless in helping people get the most from their car. I hope I didnt make your job to hard with the advice I gave out.

To Shane from Traction Tyres who helped sort everyones tyre pressures all day as well as answered all the technical questions people could throw at him.

And last but not least, Andy from rotary13b1.com for providing the fantastic gift packs raffled off.

Well thats it for the moment. I have another post to make but I will leave that for later.

Thanks again to everyone for putting up with my whinging and moaning :)

Mazda RX8 Club Australia | Winton: 1:42.86 | Sandown: 1:32.42 | Broadford: 1:10.45 | Wakefield: 1:15.94

timbo
Validated Member

Post by timbo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:00 pm

Great effort Andrew, and all involved, and thank you for including Len & me

Winton is a great track....provided you're not driving a turbo FWD -- those corners! understeer!

Here's some pics

Eye Shadow?
Onya Andrew -- great Nats, tuff car
Grumpy Old Men
Noice!
What the!
Da fasta one!

Black8
Validated Member

Post by Black8 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:10 am

My thanks to all the organisers, OzRenesis, and all the sponsors, who have made it really worth my time coming down to the nats. We had a great sunny day, great fun day on track, great accommodation, great food, and the free 2nd oil cooler (thanks to Simon of ProMaz).... how can you ask for more!!! :twisted:

Here are my pictures contribution: http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t123 ... ls%202007/

Sorry, too tired to attach as image... zzz...
RX-8 Revelation - an OzRenesis member.
I just need one mod, Stig's brain! The rest are complimentary :)

Nocty
Validated Member

Post by Nocty » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:38 pm

Back home now...

A very big thank you to the organisers, Taka/Uncle Pete/Zoom/Macca for the tips and advice here and there (even if I did discard the lot later in favor of practising power oversteer... :twisted:), Tubbamonk for the company to/from, Brewer for the beer ( :D ), and all my drinking companions ( *shifty eyes, nervous cough* ;) ).

I'll post the 1/2 doz. or so pics I took later, the exhaustion is starting to catch up with me now.

Hope to see you all again next year :)
Last edited by Nocty on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RX-8
Validated Member

Post by RX-8 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Many thanks to all the organisers. Thanks also to James for lending your helmet and Michael for the 200km spin in the car – she loved it! What an AWESOME weekend!

Here are a few pics

Cheers
Will