Supercharged Rx8 owner new to the club

Come and introduce yourself to everyone...dont be shy

Moderator: zoom

MPS13B

Supercharged Rx8 owner new to the club

Post by MPS13B » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi all,

Supercharged Rx8 owner from Sydney, have used this forum over the years for research and various forms of info, but have never had a discussion.
I though I'd introduce my modified Rx8.

I purchased my Rx8 new in 2004, so I've had it for 11 years. After 5 years (2009) I decided to modify it to address all the insufficiencies I felt the stock car had.

With the the help of DNA Motorsport, I had a Procharger supercharger kit fitted. If not familiar with it, it uses a gear driven turbine. The gear box runs it's own oil so no oil plumbed off engine.
The kit is a bit costly but awsome results. Still revs to redline, has the same power delivery as a stock car but it all happens alot quicker with torque down low.
Car runs on 9psi boost, which initially was limited by the pulley, but had a smaller pulley installed to bring the boost on earlier but limited it to 9psi with a modulating valve that would maintain 9psi from 6000rpm to redline.
I'm not sure if different dyno's give varied results as I have read threads that have criticised dyno results, but I had the stock car dyno'd and it produced 123kw, with the supercharger it produced 190kw, approx 60% power increase.

Also at 125000 km I had to rebuild the engine as 1 of the appex seals broke right on the tip where the 2 pieces meet. In the rebuild we replaced 2 new housings, new seals and used Esmeril Apex seals. The cars done 21000km since the build with the charger and hasn't missed a beat.

Suspensions been replaced with Bilstein adjustable coilovers as I felt the stock car would shift too suddenly in hard cornering and alot of bumps and bangs would get transmited to the cabin.

As I felt Mazda should have done an improved MPS version, listed are all the mods I had done to get the car the way I think it should have been-
- Procharger supercharger
- Cold air induction box
- Extractors
- Esmeril Apex Seals
- Esmeril Ignitors
- Greddy oil sump
- Updated the radiator
- Updated the water pump (never had heating issues, even on a 40deg Syd summer day)
- Relocated (sealed) battery in the boot
- Larger injectors
- Updated fuel pump in tank
- Installed fuel return line
- Bilstein adjustable coilovers
- DBA slotted discs front & rear
- Brake lines replaced with ADR approved braided lines
- 19 inch Cx7 wheels

This car was my daily driver, now its my fun toy car, but now with 3 kids I don't get much time to have fun in it these days, hence why I've initiated this introduction, hoping to stir some interest in the car as I've been thinking of selling it.
Happy to answer any questions but I won't be able to monitor this forum constantly, so if I don't reply straight away please don't bite my head off.
Attachments
rx8.jpg

tim33h
Validated Member

Re: Supercharged Rx8 owner new to the club

Post by tim33h » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Awesome thread starter!
Wish u would have introduced yourself earlier on.
Welcome to the forums I guess.

MPS13B

Post by MPS13B » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks Mate,
Much appreciated.

ratm

Post by ratm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 pm

I have the same dna kit on my car, same color too, sunlight silver.

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:28 am

Welcome to the forum your stock dyno is average for our car.

I installed the Hymee supercharger kit at around 90 000km with close to 100 track days under the belt. The car ran well for another 58 000km with the supercharger until the engine finally gave up. It produced 200kw atw at 8psi boost. Now in the rebuild process and looking to up the boost.
skc
Hymee Supercharged (200kw at the wheels)
Lakeside 1:02.02
Wakefield 1:12.04(NA) 1:11.36(FI)

MPS13B

Post by MPS13B » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey skc,

Was wondering if you've dyno'd your car stock and what power it produced?

skc
Validated Member

Post by skc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:53 pm

MPS13B wrote:Hey skc,

Was wondering if you've dyno'd your car stock and what power it produced?
126kw stock
skc
Hymee Supercharged (200kw at the wheels)
Lakeside 1:02.02
Wakefield 1:12.04(NA) 1:11.36(FI)