Greetings from Andrew "TheShaolinMonk"

Come and introduce yourself to everyone...dont be shy

Moderator: zoom

TheShaolinMonk

Greetings from Andrew "TheShaolinMonk"

Post by TheShaolinMonk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:52 am

Well, I've made a couple of posts here and there already, but I never actually came and introduced myself. And so, here I am! My name is Andrew, living in the Suburbs of Sydney. I am in my early 20's, and although I do not yet have the pleasure of owning an RX8, I am currently looking to make a purchase on a used 2005+ model. I have always treated cars with almost 'divine' respect. From playing my first video game, Toca Touring car championship, to now, I have loved them. So in 2004 when I saw the RX8 for the first time, I was immediately addicted, and since then, I have wanted to own one for myself. 8)

Although a full time Law/Psychology student, I work two jobs: 1/ As an International Community Manager for a company called 'Gaijin Entertainment' which is a video game company (The video game I work for is called "War Thunder". 2/ As a Paralegal at a Law Firm. So, I've been saving (I'm not a fan of finance) and looking to sell my 99' Falcon manual in the next 2-3 months so I can put it towards an RX8. I've been reading and going through aaalll the information on these forums regarding them; how to treat them, their engines, etc, and I really know that it isn't cheap... but, it's strange, I almost want something that I can take care of, and the RX8 seems to fit that! :lol:

In terms of the car I'm looking for, there are a couple of things I'm waiting to see before I make the purchase:
  • 2005-2006 model
  • That the engine has been recently rebuilt (and to what extent?)
  • That the interior is the red and black leather
  • That the engine compression is within reasonable condition
Of course I'm open to more suggestions, and if you're looking to sell your baby let me know. Anyway, nice to meet you all, and it's going to be pretty cool to chat with you guys and discuss stuff. Do excuse me for not already owning one, but I hopefully should be able to join you guys soon! :)

ConnorRX8

Re: Greetings from Andrew "TheShaolinMonk"

Post by ConnorRX8 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey mate, currently selling my black on black 2007 rx8 manual. Has 80,000k's. Oil and filter change every 5000k's. Is my baby but I'm forced to sell as I no longer have space for it at home due to being given a work car.selling for $19k
Attachments
$_20.JPG