My new whip

Come and introduce yourself to everyone...dont be shy

Moderator: zoom

hemelmassive

My new whip

Post by hemelmassive » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:15 am

Picked her up last week.I must say its nothing like I've driven before.Off for a compression test next week to see if I save or scrap. Only paid £500 after she had been barn stored for a year.All mot'd now which cost me £150. Goes well tho lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soldier

Re: My new whip

Post by Soldier » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 am

Welcome

hemelmassive

Post by hemelmassive » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Soldier wrote:Welcome
Tar

spinner
Validated Member

Post by spinner » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi & welcome.
When I was in the UK last year I talked with a guy doing a hill climb in an RX8 he said they were cheap to buy because you pay registration based on emissions or some such thing making them expensive to register?
That said I wish I could pick up a running RX8 for $1000 :lol:
"The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power"

hemelmassive

Post by hemelmassive » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:56 pm

spinner wrote:Hi & welcome.
When I was in the UK last year I talked with a guy doing a hill climb in an RX8 he said they were cheap to buy because you pay registration based on emissions or some such thing making them expensive to register?
That said I wish I could pick up a running RX8 for $1000 :lol:
To register a car in your own name ie swap ownership is free. Road tax which we used to display in the window of the car is £290 per year for my 2005 model but I think newer models are £500 per year so depends on the year or manufacture. Mot test was £50. (Once a year payment)